Thursday 23 June 2011

Wimbledon & Alex Noble

I'm lucky enough to be off to Wimbledon and Centre Court again this year! Last year we saw Federer and Djokovic on opening day and tomorrow hopefully we'll see Nadal (swoon) and Murray (not at all swoon).   I am eagerly waiting for the order of play to come out and planning my ever so english picnic/packed lunch.

With the whole wearing whites at Wimbledon and it being a sport there really isn't too much to see fashion wise.  The Williams sisters have always made an effort with their earrings and necklaces, and in recent years Federer has been getting into the spirit with his white blazer, but until the arrival of American, Bethanie Mattek- Sands we didn't know what we were missing.  Aparrently she's been making fashion waves on the circuit but it wasn't until she turned up for the pre Wimbledon Ball that I think any of us knew who she was, we sure do now...


So the dress was designed by Alex Noble who also works under Haus of Gaga.  He also designed this jacket for her first match, which she lost, so now we'll never know how she would of evolved over the two weeks. I like to think it would of got even crazier, nothing wrong with a bit of craziness! Great little article with Alex Noble about these creations can be found here



I knew that Alex had designed for Lady Gaga but I wasn't too sure exactly what, so after some investigation these are my favourites.  I really like his work, it's very diverse, but then I guess for Gaga you need to be!





Alex's blog can be found her http://allisalexnoble.blogspot.com/

Now all I have do is keep praying it doesn't rain tomorrow, fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment