Tuesday 9 August 2011

Stop the Riots

It is absolutely shocking to see and be surrounded by the acts of vandalism which seem to now be invading all parts of London and further afield.  I'm just glad that everyone in Camden is safe, it was pretty scary last night hearing things via facebook and twitter and literally only being 5 mins down the road from it all.  The strength of Londoners this morning cleaning up, opening their shops and getting on with life makes me proud to a be Londoner and part of this wonderful city.  Today I'm wearing my Dove Ring (yeah I know it's really a hummingbird) as a symbol of peace in this absolutely crazy and uncertain time.
I don't know what else to say about it all, it's just so unbelievably shocking, upsetting, thoughtless and distressing but I'm glad that Londoners are chanelling their anger towards it into defiance, we won't be beaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment